Tuesday, February 14, 2017

"Temporary" Site Move For Aardaerimus.com & Personal Update


Sooo, last summer I moved to a new location and my personal web server for Aardaerimus.com, formerly located in my basement on an ancient 800mHz Dell running Windows 2000, had to be taken offline.  :-(

Unfortunately, the complexity of the new hardware and pitiful connection coupled with the much increased ISP costs in my new location has dissuaded me from hooking the old beast back up. It held up really well for many, many years!

I had no idea that the site and its small trove of ancient tutorial files hosted on that box was in such high demand until I took it down. I'm constantly hit with questions about why my site is down and requests for those old project files, so I figured that it was high time to, at the very least, reestablish my web presence. Additionally, I'm hoping that this will provide a medium or community for interaction and commentary between myself and my viewers.

Why not set up a fresh web server? Well, I plan to be relocating, yet again, this summer. Where I'm headed, I have no idea what I will be doing or whether I'll even be able to continue doing tutorials. For my most recent tutorials on the VB Toolbox I've been relying heavily upon Dropbox for project source code sharing. I figure that I can continue to use that throughout my transition without fear of interruption in file distribution. Yay!

If I begin seeing traffic here, I will try to get links up to some of the more requested projects. Please, let me know what you think! :-)

- Aardaerimus / VB Toolbox

6 comments:

  1. Does the general public have access to the Dropbox you mentioned. I'm looking for your XNA source code.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey there! Unfortunately, my main coding computer died and it has the bulk of my projects on it; However, I do have a couple of the old XNA projects on DropBox.

      https://www.dropbox.com/s/fmty9avpnbjofif/TINYEDIT_2.7.8j_INVENTORY.zip?dl=0

      https://www.dropbox.com/s/79zwikahvxgckch/TINYEDIT_2.7.8f%20-%20EVENTS%20-%20SUCCESS.zip?dl=0

      I had a MonoGame boilerplate somewhere, too, but I can't find it... Might be on the dead lappy. :-(

      Delete
  2. Hey VB ToolBox...
    I really need some help in a project im building in visual basic related to server/client chat application. Ur tutorial was a big help. But i have some problems while adding some features of my own. Can u pls contact me on yashsomani2007@gmail.com? I have no means to contact u thats y posting it here :).
    Thanks again

    ReplyDelete
  3. In your tutorial videos for VB.Net you have other Menu Items such as: Billing, Sales, Inventory. You only teased them, but didn't post them on your YouTube page. Do you have any of those tutorials or source code available.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, hi! I ended up moving and my coding laptop died a horrible death, but it's completely possible that the remnants of that old unfinished sample project are still hanging around somewhere - either in DropBox or on a flash drive. If I can locate it, I will share what I had via dropbox, but I don't want to make any promises. Worst case scenario, maybe we can resurrect and rebuild from the concept. I'm super out of practice, though. Hsha

      Delete

Please be respectful. Thank you!